Crocodiles have been regarded as living fossils due to their resistance to evolutionary change. Scientists believe that theirs is the strongest immune system of any living creature on the planet.
Crocodile oil has been valued as a skin enriching oil for centuries by many ancient civilisations such as the Egyptians and Chinese. In Chinese medicine crocodile oil was legendary for its healing powers. Li Shizhen writing in the 1500’s during the Ming Dynasty speaks about crocodile oil being used to treat skin blemishes.
Crocodile oil contains the following properties:
• Bacteriostatic, doesn’t promote the growth of bacteria
• Hypoallergenic, not known to cause skin irritation or have any side effects
• Highly penetrating and absorbs leaving no greasy feel
• Non-comedogenic, doesn’t clog pores
• Contains Omegas 3, 6 and 9. Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) needed for the body’s functions with strong anti-inflammatory properties but which can’t be produced by the body
• Vitamin E, a major antioxidant and healing agent
• Vitamin A, a known skin repairer and antioxidant
• Linoleic acid, which eases muscle aches and joint pain
• Oleic acid, a proven skin cell regenerator, anti-wrinkle agent
• Sapogens, proven skin softeners
• Terpines, known antiseptics
Our ethos and ethic
Being passionate about conservation and sustainability we believe that while mankind benefits from the restorative properties of crocodile oil, no crocodiles should suffer or live in unnatural surroundings. We believe by protecting our environment and such precious resource we naturally ensure our future comfort and well being.